“Pride in Service”
I take great pride in welcoming you to the El Dorado Fire Department’s website. We are a vibrant department that values our past, sees present possibilities, and embraces the challenges of the future. We are committed to providing the Citizens of El Dorado with the best service possible.
Please enjoy your visit and come back to see us soon.
ᵕFire Chief Steve Moody
The El Dorado Fire Department is responsible for the protection of the City of El Dorado, and contracts with the El Dorado Township, and the Western portion of Prospect Township. Through these contracts the Fire Department is able to generate revenue worth over half of its annual operating expenses. It also contracts to provide Hazardous Materials response to all of Butler County. The Department takes pride in serving its jurisdiction, and providing the Citizens of El Dorado with an outstanding service at a lower expense that would normally be found in a City of comparable size.
- A comprehensive fire inspection program of all commercial businesses that insures our community is a safe place to work, shop and live in
- Community events (Health fairs, festivals, Safe Night Out, parades, etc.)
- County-wide hazardous material response
- Fire education and prevention programs
- Fire origin and cause investigations
- Fire suppression activities
- Free blood pressure checks (At the Fire Department)
- Medical emergencies response
It was the Christmas season and there was snow on the ground. The mother had just started a new job at a nursing home and had left her two children with her good friend named Charity. Poncho and Rogue were their names. Poncho was three years old and...
Fire crews responded to a pool out building late last evening. Fire crews made an aggressive fire attack and quickly extinguished the fire. But, not before the building was a complete loss.
By Lieutenant Michael Rose When you think about the phrase “Selfless Service”, what ideas are sparked or imagined in your brain? Is it a heroic act that is performed by a stranger or a simple act of generosity? The El Dorado Fire Department is...