El Dorado, KS


When is a permit required?

Permits are required to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, or plumbing system.

How do I rent a Recreation or Meeting Facility?

To rent an athletic facility, please call Parks and Recreation at 316-321-9100 ext. 130

To rent the Train Depot or Civic Center, please call Community Marketing at 316-321-9100 ext. 126

Where does the city get its water?

El Dorado Reservoir is an 8,400-acre lake with a storage capacity of over 50 billion gallons. This amount of storage should allow the city to draw 22 million gallons per day even in what is classified as a 50-year drought. Water from the lake is transported through large mains to the water treatment plant.

What do I do if my Trash cart was not dumped?

Please call the Public Works Department at 322-4481

Who is responsible for obtaining permits?

The individual or the contractor doing the work should always obtain their own permit. A homeowner can obtain their own permit only if they are going to do the work. If a contractor or anyone other than the homeowner is going to do the work, they should get the permit. Homeowners are always responsible for what takes place on their property, therefore if a homeowner has someone do work for them that requires a permit, both parties are responsible.

How can I find the City Newsletter?

City of El Dorado Newsletter